Sunday, July 8, 2012

Drama Drama Drama (It's all in your head)

Ah! I'm finally home and I am happy.  I just need to relax and sleep.  And yet, I am so bored!  Welcome to my confusing life.  And thought process for that matter.  Anyways, wedding time.


So my cousin's wedding was absolutely beautiful and a lot of fun for the most part.  I got to see my family, I got to sweat outside (not nearly as bad as Friday though!), and I got to try and not cry when my grandpa's love letter got read.



Look at how beautiful my cousin is! (Hint: she the girl)  Not say that my cousin-in-law(?) isn't nice looking.  He's actually quite hilarious.  

Her colors were yellow and grey.


I loved it. So simple and elegant :)  

By far my favorite moment though was:

Cue little girl dumping the flower petals out all at once.  Best. Flower. Girl. Ever.

But, as I predicted, we couldn't pass on some awkward moments.  First off, let me prep you for how my emotions were at the time of the main 'incident'. 1) I was exhausted from traveling the night before and getting little sleep (Dad snores).  2) We went shopping earlier that day so I was tired of deal with people by midday.  3) I woke up a 7 AM to workout so I was even more tired.  4) I am at a wedding.  Of course I am thinking of how wonderful it is but I'm also thing about how very single I am.  5)  Practically everyone there was a couple.  

Fast forward!  People are drinking, people are smoking and dancing, etc.

My Uncle, who I do love, somehow misunderstood my Mom.  I guess my aunts and Mom were talking about who would be the next to get married.  SOMEHOW I got brought up.  And Mom said, "No, highly unlikely.  They broke up and are a bit up and down right now."  I think that translated into: "They did break up but they keep getting back together and breaking up".  Which is not the case.  So my Uncle is going to say goodbye and before he goes he says, "I heard you were the next one up!"  I was speechless.  "No, I'm pretty sure I'm not," I smile and replied. "No no! I don't think so! From what I've heard, you are next!" And then he laughed and walked away.  Awesome.  Then they start playing all the couple songs.  In a row.  Not cool, Mr. DJ.  Not cool. 

So overall, I did well. Then at the end I teetered on an emotional breakdown.  Fantastic.  

But now I'm home and exhausted. But at least it is sunny!  And cooler!  That's all that I have for right now.  I'm off to clean my room!

~E. M. Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment