Friday, July 6, 2012

Weddings

So here I am getting ready for a wedding. By sitting around at home, waiting for my sister and Dad to return.  Oi, oi.  I'm pretty excited for this wedding, but I admit that it may be uncomfortable.  Most of my cousins have their significant others and three are pregnant. Not to mention the one cousin is getting married.  And then there is me.  I'm newly single (since February), and I'm not one to boast about it.  I was in love with my best friend, got my heartbroken after a year and a half of dating, and continue to be friends with him.  Yup, I'm that girl.  But my ex is a great guy and, like I said, my best friend.  No offense, but I don't want to lose that friendship.  So there I will be at the wedding!  Single and awkward.  Plus, I don't drink.  And all my cousins do (well minus the pregnant women).  So that's always a wonderful moment when they pout and poke fun at me.  I am not a wet blanket, though.  Don't worry.  I tease them back, and I still act goofy around them. 

Ah!  There is a car door!  Dad must be home.  Which means, it is time for me to head out for a long drive over to Wisconsin. I always think it's 6 hours but it's more like 4 or 5.  Trust me, that's more than enough time for putting my sister and I in close quarters.  We love each other, but its a car.  And we are two different people.  And we tend to like space.  


Oi.  Well, here we go! 


And now that I think about it, my Dad snores.  UGH.  YAY FAMILY TRIPS!



~E. M. Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment